Two Gents and a Little Lady

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Salsa garden

Well, we planted our little vegetable garden yesterday. By 'we', I mean that I went to the nursery (along with everybody else and their dogs) and purchased the plants, and then sat on the back step and watched while Clint dug in the dirt and planted them all. Teamwork is what a successful marriage is all about. :> We have a small little garden plot, so we only planted a few of our favorite vegetables. Here's what we have:

  • 4 tomato plants
  • couple dozen (or so) onion bulbs (2nd season - they stayed in the ground over the winter and are already huge)
  • 1 red bell pepper plant
  • 4 jalapeno pepper plants
  • 3 green bell pepper plants
  • 1 cilantro plant

These are the vegetables that we use most often, and I can't wait for them to start producing. Aren't we just the provident little family? Well, not really. If I were really provident, I would learn how to can my own fruits and vegetables. I really do want to learn how someday, but it intimidates the snot out of me. I've never even seen it done before. One day....

2 comments:

The Rays said...

Wow! I am impressed :) I can't wait to have a garden someday.

Annie Oldham said...

Mmm...homemade salsa. I'm jealous!