Two Gents and a Little Lady

Monday, June 23, 2008

Stories and faces

My mom decided, a few years ago, that for Christmas each year, she was going to pick out a children's book, buy a copy for each of her grandchildren, record herselft reading it aloud, then burn it onto a CD. Each grandchild gets a copy of the story, as well as the CD for Christmas. Tayson still loves to look at the story while he listens to Grandma read it to him. Throughout the story, my mom points out different things in the pictures, and says, "Turn the page," when the time comes. What's really cute is that Tayson will talk back to her. When she asks if he sees a certain something in the picture, he'll get really excited, say, "Uh huh!" and point to the object.


I was taking some pictures of Brennen the other day, and I wanted to post some of his expressions.

Happy:

Sad:


Angry:


Curious:


Sleepy:

5 comments:

Stacy said...

your mom's book reading idea is so cute. I will have to remember that for when I am a grandma, haha. and Brennan looks so much like his dad! Cute pics

Anonymous said...

See, this is me leaving a comment. Cute pictures.

Christi Pobst said...

Those pictures are AWESOME and what a cute idea Aunt Royce has! I love that!

ChristyAna said...

You are the cutest blogger. I love your ideas. I don't think I ever told you how much I love your Tayson's tales. It is hilarious to read. Baby Ben is taking his time talking, but I can't wait until he starts saying funny stuff. I love all the baby expressions. That would make a great scrapbook page. Hope all is well with you guys! Love, Christy

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

and those expressions probably came in all of 2 minutes.:) Cute stuff. Aren't little boys great?!