Two Gents and a Little Lady

Monday, June 23, 2008

Food, Fun, Friends, & Family

We had a fun and eventful weekend. On Friday evening, we were thrilled to be able to spend some time with some friends that we don't get to see very often: Kristian and Lindsey Peterson. Kristian and Clint were college roommates until Kristian got married (about 8 months before Clint and I were married). Ironically, Lindsey and I were also in the same singles ward together until she got married. After her wedding, I took over her church calling until my own wedding. They have been living in Texas for the last few years while Lindsey earned her Masters Degree, but they just returned to Boise this last winter. They came down to Utah for the weekend to attend a funeral, and we went out to dinner with them to Cafe Rio (Yum Yum!). We also got to meet their new little baby (their first, born in February), Ruby, who is so cute. We've been excited about their return to Boise, thinking of the fun weekends we would have visiting them. Unfortunately, they just informed us that they will be moving to Boston in 6 weeks, where Kristian will attend grad school at MIT. Boy are we bummed.

On Saturday, we hooked up the bike trailer, then Clint and I took the kids for a fun bike ride, ending at a park for Tayson to play at for a while. After we returned home, we were surprised by a visit from Clint's sister, Sheena, along with her husband, Ricky, and daughter, Chloe (also so cute). They live in Tremonton, and they ended up staying the night and spending most of Sunday with us. Little Chloe is just over 1 year old, and is so sweet and adorable. I wish I had thought to take a picture of her during their visit, but the thought never crossed my mind. They left late Sunday afternoon, but we were not left alone long.
A few hours later, my brother, Wes, and his fiance, Sharlyn, came over to share a yummy dinner with us: a scrumptious roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans sauteed with bacon and onions, and crescent rolls. As much as I would like to take credit for delicious food, the truth is that Clint is the master chef of the family, and he cooked almost everything. The only contribution I made was preparing the rolls, and mixing the Crystal Lite. Oh yeah, and washing the dishes.... :)
We love spending time with friends and family, few of whom live by us anymore, so we consider it a great weekend.

2 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

We should be seeing you at Rob's wedding, then we'll be heading to Utah for 1-2 days so maybe we'll see you then too.

Anonymous said...

Cafe Rio ROCKS!