Two Gents and a Little Lady

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fun in the sun, and Proud & Prejudiced

This week, the temperature has been in the mid-90's. So, yesterday, the boys and I, along with my friend, Julie, went to spend the afternoon at the pool. It was so refreshing, and Tayson went down the little waterslide at least 30 times. Brennen enjoyed kicking around in the water for a short time, then decided he was done with that and wanted to sunbathe instead. I didn't want to babysit my camera at the pool the whole time, so I took pictures of the boys before we left. As far as Brennen's swimwear goes, I believe they are what you would call baby speedos. :)



Today, the boys and I went to the park in the morning, before it got too warm. As usual, Tayson became instant best friends with all the kids that were already there, and had the time of his life. Brennen and I chilled on a blanket under a shade tree, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.



I am currently reading Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice. I am not going to tell you how many times I have seen the movie (the 5 hour BBC version), but it is well into the double digits. However, I have never read the book. Shocking, I know. I always find it hard to read a book after I have already seen the movie. However, this time, I'm finding the book absolutely wonderful. The BBC movie actually follows the book almost exactly, even down to the dialogue. I watched the newest movie a couple days ago, and although I like several of the actors in the newer movie better, there is so much that is altered or left out, that the movie seems almost incomplete to me. I am an avid Jane Austen fan, and I count several of her works among my favorites (along with Anne of Green Gables).

3 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

My old roommate Melissa used to watch "Price & Prejudice" in her room every Sunday so I've seen it a time or two. I don't think I'm as big a fan as you though!

Anonymous said...

I wish we were having your weather right now! I think it's great that Tayson makes friends wherever he goes. If only it were that easy for adults!

Annie Oldham said...

I adore Pride and Prejudice. Such a good book. I've actually never seen the 5-hour movie, only the recent one. And the boys look so cute decked out for the pool!