Two Gents and a Little Lady

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fondue Party

The day after Christmas, we enjoyed a fondue party unlike any I have seen before. Well, truthfully, I've never done fondue before (gasp!), but the incredible array of food was beyond anything I had ever seen before.
One one counter, we had a chocolate fondue station, with fruit, eclairs, marshmellows, rice krispie treats, angel food cake, and anything else you could dream up to dip in it.


One one half of the kitchen island, we had a cheese fondue station, complete with breads and vegetables, etc. to dip. Around the other side of the island were two hot oil pots and bowls of batter for frying anything and everything. We had onion rings, chicken strips, hot dogs (for corndogs), shrimp, zuchinni slices, and that's only what I can remember four months later.


On the kitchen table, we had non-fondue party food, such as shrimp cocktail, bean dip, cheese balls, etc.



We invited several guests over for this party, so this spread was feeding more than the 21 members of the family. OVerall, everybody was quite pleased with the edible offerings, and probably several pounds heavier too. :)


No comments: