One morning in February, Clint called me from work to give me some happy news. A coworker of his had walked in that morning and announced to the employees that she had a free set of bunk beds, including mattresses for anybody who wanted them. Clint immediately jumped at the offer, especially because it was the size that we wanted, with a double bed on bottom and a twin bed on top. I am always happy to receive something free, especially if it is something I was planning on purchasing anyway, so this news made my day. Clint informed me that he would be bringing the bed home that very evening, so I set about rearranging the bedroom to make room for the bunk beds, getting rid of Tayson's very old (and ready to be donated) twin bed, and disassembling Brennen's crib. I did not have the time to go get any fun little boy bedding for the new beds, so I just dug deeply into our linen closet to extract old double-sized sheets and blankets I saved from my college days.
When Clint arrived home, we set up the beds, made them up, and prepared the kids for bed. Tayson was absolutely thrilled to be able to sleep on the top bunk. And Brennen sure thought the bottom bunk was fun to play on. He was not so keen on sleepin in it, though. He cried long and hard until he eventually fell asleep, then continued to wake up hourly throughout the night, pitifully wailing, "Bed, peeze!" (By bed, he was referring to his crib, which he missed horribly.)
The first night was the worst, and the next day his nap went very smoothly (probably aided by the lack of sleep the night before), and bedtime went off without a hitch the next night.
They both now love their beds, and enjoy a little slumber party together on Brennen's bed every Friday night. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment