Here we are, leaving the house to walk to school on the first day. Still excited, as you can see.
Waiting outside for school to start. Still excited.
At Tayson's school, the kids all line up outside at a designated place each day, according to class, and wait until the teacher comes out to get them when school starts. Tayson's class lines up at the flagpole. Here's the big fella, waiting in line. A little less excited.
Tayson's new teacher, Mrs. Collins comes out to greet her new students and take them into class. A lot less excited, a little more panicky.
Inside, I show Tayson where to hang his backpack and help him pick a table to sit at. Other little boys quickly pick the same table, and said table soon becomes the designated 'all-boys table'. This looks like fun; I think I can handle this.
"Hi, I'm Tayson" and that's how quickly new friends are made in kindergarten, and the panic departs. See ya, Mom!
One more quick photo of Mom and her big boy, and the parents are gently shooed out the door. Just before walking out the door, Mom looks back for one last smile and wave, and gets a quick flashback of big boy's first smile at 2 months old. Mom then sniffles the whole walk home.
Little brother sniffles the whole way home also because he thought he was going to go to school too.
1 comment:
I can't believe you updated!! I was beginning to lose hope!
I love this post. It made me almost tear up thinking about how fast things like kindergarten happen. And I LOVE that Brennan also sniffled the whole way home, but for a totally different reason! Cracks me up!
Post a Comment