Two Gents and a Little Lady

Monday, June 15, 2009

Doctor's Visit

Okay, I'm trying to get caught up for real now. Back in early May, I took both Brennen and Tayson to the doctor for their appointments. Tayson was there for his 5 year check up and immunizations and his kindergarten physical. He was pronounced healthy and thriving, and keeping steady with his 50th percentile across the board in head size, height, and weight. Brennen was 16 months at the time of the appointment and I hadn't taken him to the doctor since he was 10 months old. So this appointment was his combined 12 month, 15 month, and 16 month appointment. He got a lot of shots, but will luckily not have to return until he is 2 years old. He was also pronounced healthy and thriving. His measurements have also maintained their 25th percentile average across the board. Tayson's shots were, of course, traumatic for us all. I'm just glad it is over.

The routine for the pediatric appointments are as follows: the nurse takes all the vitals (blood pressure, physical measurements, temperature, etc) and asks the routine questions. Then the doctor comes in and does the physical examination and answers any questions that I have. Then the doctor leaves and the nurse returns to administer the shots as the last thing before we are free to go home. Tayson is well aware of this routine. So after the doctor left, we had a few minutes to wait before the nurse returned. Tayson knew what was coming, so he thought that he could avoid the dreaded needle by hiding under the exam table. Brennen joined him.

2 comments:

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

Ruth, I have so much fun reading your blog! You have such a great way of putting things, and Tayson inherited the gift as well. I especially loved the X-cake and Grandma's picture as well as Batman in the dryer. Completely classic! Have fun it nursery, and remind your fingers to be obedient.:)

spudandrobe said...

So Spencer says before we have kids we need to learn to budget shop. Which I thought I was pretty good at, but then I thought of you and realized I'm not so good after all. So can I come stay with you for like 2 days when you go shopping and learn from the great one??