Two Gents and a Little Lady

Friday, March 6, 2009

My kids today: Tayson

  • Tayson will celebrate his 5th birthday next month and is excited to start kindergarten this fall.
  • Tayson loves math, and has even started writing down his own math problems, then solving them. Big problems, like 4+2+5+1=_. He also enjoys counting to 100, but stops there because he refuses to accept the reality that after 100, the numbers all start over again with the 'one hundred' added before it. Apparently that's not exciting enough for him.
  • At home and at work, Tayson is a tazmanian devil. If I had a dollar for every time somebody asked me, "Does that kid ever just walk anywhere?", I would be a wealthy woman. However, despite having an enormous energy level, he is apparently the darling of the primary. I constantly hear that he is such a good boy, and that he sits quietly and is obedient. When I've been walking the halls with Brennen on occasion, I have peeked into the primary room and even seen him sitting there with his arms folded. It honestly completely baffles me, but I'm not about to complain. I guess I'd rather have him expend his energy at home than at church. It also reassures me that he is not ADHD.
  • Tayson has a crush on a teenaged cartoon Star Wars character named Ahsoka Tano, and on my friend, Julie. He gets all bashful and pink-cheeked when Asoka Tano is mentioned, or when he sees Julie. I, of course, enjoy teasing him about both on a regular basis. :)
  • Tayson, for the time being, thinks it is really cool that he gets to 'set the example' for Brennen. We hear him say things like, "Brennen, you are supposed to eat your eggs, not play with them!", and, "Brennen, you better stop screaming or Mom's gonna put you in time-out," as well as, "Brennen, your teeth are for chewing, not biting people!" While I'm quite confident that the bossiness will be around for quite some time, I'm also fairly sure that Tayson won't think it's 'neat' that he gets to set the example for his brother for very long.
  • And of course, Tayson is still tall, skinny, buttless, and loves to sleep. I'm sure this will never change. He even stretched out on the pew in Sacrament meeting on Sunday and slept for 40 minutes. Seriously, what almost-five-year-old does that? I didn't encourage him to do it, nor did I help him out by rubbing his back or head or anything. For a short time, both my kids were asleep in church at the same time. I thought I was in heaven.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

You have a tazmanian devil too? :) That would be my Kayson, he'll be 5in August and NEVER stops!!!