Two Gents and a Little Lady
Thursday, February 12, 2009
The secret's out!
I have been sitting on a secret for several weeks now, and it has been killing me! The leadership of our ward (which includes Clint and I) who meet for the morning meetings before church learned several weeks ago that we will be having a general authority visit our ward in April. However, it was not to be announced to the general ward membership just yet. I've had a hard time not telling everybody I know. However, it has now been announced to the ward, so I feel safe publishing it on my blog. On April 19th, Elder L. Tom Perry (that's right, an Apostle!!!) will be presiding and speaking in our ward. Not our region, not our stake, our ward! I think he might also be holding a combined adult Sunday School class, but that may be just a rumor... I am so excited! I'm sure that our chapel, as well as our gym, will be filled to capacity with all the ward members, family, and friends (and who knows, maybe some strangers as well?), so I'm planning on being there quite early to make sure I get a seat - and preferrable a soft one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so exciting! You'll have to post about it after it happens. That's a long wait until April 19th!
That's awesome! Elder Bednar came to our stake in Yuma once. It was really exciting and the Spirit was AMAZING! Good luck getting a soft seat:)!
Post a Comment