Two Gents and a Little Lady

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Culture Night with the YW

Last night, for our Young Women activity, we continued a tradition that was started just before I joined the YW program. We scrimp and save on our activities all year long, so that at the end of the year, we can afford to go out to eat and experience a different culture. The only problem is that this is the 4th year that we have done this, and we have always gone to the same restaurant because it is so yummy! Perhaps next year, we will try out a different culture. Then again, perhaps not....
The restaurant that we went to is called Tepanyaki and is a Japanese Steakhouse. We had 100% attendance (of course!), but it still felt like someone was missing. My secretary, Julie, had a baby last week, and was released on Sunday. We missed having her there. A new secretary hasn't been called yet.
The two ladies at the end are my wonderful and able counselors, Sheri and Carlie. Along the left are our 4 outstanding young women (a 5th will be joining us next month!), Auburn, Chante, Tesia, and our new (and only) beehive, Micayle.


We enjoyed watching all the food being cooked right in front of us; our chef put on a wonderful show. Before finishing, he flipped a bite of shrimp into each of our mouths with his spatula. Well, he tried to anyway, but only 4 of us would actually try it. I tried to capture it all on video, but I didn't get my camera turned on in time to catch Carlie miss her shrimp. I was last, and tried to turn the camera on myself (very awkwardly) to catch the action. I actually caught the shrimp in my mouth! Yeah for me! Oh, it was so yummy! I love shrimp.

The meal that I ordered was scrumptious: the New York Steak and salmon combo, which came with soup, salad, fried rice, and grilled veggies. Mmmmmm. Having lived in Alaska for the first 15 years of my life, I can say that I've probably eaten many lbs of salmon in my day, but this was by far the yummiest. I think I need the recipe....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love teppanyaki style food!

Carlie said...

What a great post! I love the movie. So I'm making my blog private...but I need your email to invite you to read it...my email is neko99@gmail.com!