So I thought I would provide an update on the words of wisdom that Brennen shares with us. The count is up to four now. The first word, which started gracing our ears about a month ago, was 'up'. When we would come to get Brennen out of his crib, he would lift up his arms and say a very distinct 'up'. He would also say it occasionally after we picked him up. And once, when my mom was visiting, I was playing with Brennen and pretended to drop him, only to tighten my grip on him when he reached my waist level. After I did this, he grabbed my arms in a death grip, and said, 'up'. Point taken.
The second 'word' arrived a couple weeks later, in the form of 'bah bah', or just 'bah'. Because he would say this either right after waking up in the morning, or upon seeing his bottle full of milk, we came to the obvious conclusion that 'bah bah' = bottle.
The third and fourth 'words' came only a couple days apart, and they were the all-important 'ma ma ma ma' and 'da'. I feel it is critical to point out that mama came before dada. :) Unfortunately, however, the 'mamamama' usually comes out when Brennen is whining about something or is feeling as if he is being neglecting. 'Da' on the other hand, is usually spouted out when the little guy is cheerful, or playing, or when he sees his Dad first coming home from work (accompanied by a huge grin). So not fair.
We are eagerly awaiting the next sounds that come from Brennen's mouth, and the challenge of learning to interpret them.
No comments:
Post a Comment