Two Gents and a Little Lady

Monday, September 8, 2008

Surprise reunion

One of the highlights of this weekend for me was a surprise reunion with a childhood friend of mine. Ryanne and I grew up in the same ward in Wasilla, Alaska (sound familiar... yup that's the hometown and former mayoral seat of Republican VP cantidate Sarah Palin). We were really good friends, and I have countless memories of primary, Sunday school, young womens, girls camp, youth conference, sleepovers, high school, and early morning seminary that include her. She was an important part of my childhood, and I really missed her when my family moved to Utah when I was 15. Unfortunately, long distance communication has always been a weakness of mine (yay for blogging and text messaging!), so we lost touch. She is now married with two children and living in Logan, so she attended the wedding luncheon on Friday. We really enjoyed catching up and walking down memory lane.

1 comment:

Ryanne said...

I love your blog! Thanks for finding mine and including me in your blogging adventures. It was SO good to see you, I miss you and love remembering when...
Your family is adorable and what an awesome husband you have.