On Saturday, Clint and I left our boys in the capable hands of a babysitter, then hopped on the bike and took off to Cougartown and the Lavell Edwards Stadium. That's right... it was game time. This was the 3rd game of the season, but the first one that we were able to see; the first game we missed because we were visiting the past at the Mountain Man Rondezvous, and the second we missed because my little brother was having a reception to celebrate his wedding. Hence, I was bouncing off the walls with excitement as the time drew nearer for the game to start. Clint was excited as well, but he was also very nervous, claiming that this game against UCLA was going to be one of the toughest games of the season. The silly man needn't have worried so much, as BYU soundly thrashed the Bruins 59-0. Now, you'd think with a score like that, the game would eventually get boring, and the crowds would start to slowly vanish. Hardly. Oddly enough, the game remained exciting (at least for the BYU fans ;>) right up until the end. By the end of the game, I was completely exhausted from jumping up and down, giving endless high-fives to our friends, screaming, and baking in the afternoon sun for 4 hours. Just a few weeks ago, 80 degrees would have felt like heaven, but on this particular breezeless afternoon, the sun seemed especially scorching. When we arrived home around 5:30, I wanted nothing more than to crash on the couch for an extended nap. However, our day wasn't finished yet.... (to be continued tomorrow).
This was my gameday apparel. The jersey is signed by the head coach, Bronco Mendenhall, and was recently given to me by my new sister-in-law, Sharlyn. When she was cleaning out her closet in preparation for moving in with my brother, she found this in the back. And, seeing as she was marrying a Utah fan (boo!), no BYU paraphernalia was allowed, allowing me to benefit. :)

I thought I was so wise to remember my BYU visor, and my sunglasses. Unfortunately, I didn't think of applying sunblock, and I miscalculated the angle of the sunlight. Thus, you see the splendid sunburn covering the lower half of my face, as well as my collarbone. I looked rather silly in church on Sunday with half my face burnt, half my chest burnt, and the front half of my legs burnt, leaving the back of them white. My friend Julie, who is in my ward, and was sitting next to me during the game, also got fried, and we were both miserable at church.
5 comments:
This was such a good game. We had fun watching--I'm glad you guys got to go. We were also amazed when they'd show shots of the stadium toward the end of the game and it was still packed.
Lucky ducks for getting to actually go to the game...actually for getting to watch it at all, for that matter! :) Go Cougs!
Whoo Hoo! We are going to the game on Saturday and we can't wait. Even if the Aggies didn't stink it up on the field we would still be cheering for BYU. C'mon - did you doubt us?? Remember the game where we were stuck in the rain forever?? However, Aaron gets in free to the Aggie games so he went to the Utah game and cheered for USU...until about 10 min. in when they were getting stomped - so he came home. Wow. Long comment. Still Aaron is going to the BYU -USU game and he can't wait to have some rockin' seats!
Nice sunburn!
Yeah, I'm jealous. We loved watching the game from home. We might be closer to USU but we are always BYU fans! I heard the games at Romney Stadium against BYU, gets ugly for the BYU fans, I think we'll pass on it.
Post a Comment