Two Gents and a Little Lady

Monday, July 21, 2008

I almost forgot...

I almost forgot to mention that we have added one more notch to our road kill belt. The good news is that each new notch is from an animal smaller than the one before. We started with the massive pregnant elk (sad, I know), which we killed 1 month after we were married. The elk had her revenge, though, because she murdered my beloved Camry in the process. Next came the deer, less than a year later. The deer, unfortunately, did not survive, but our Bonneville only suffered minor injuries. My anxiety levels during road trips, however, were permanently affected. Next came the large wild turkey that we murdered with our Bonneville on our way to the temple one morning. Ah, what a way to start the day. We then went several years without killing any animals with our vehicles, but that streak was ended on our drive to Arizona, when a poor, innocent jack rabbit gave up the ghost under the wheels of our Le Sabre. I hate killing animals with our car, but if it has to be done, I would much rather it be a turkey or a jack rabbit than an elk or a deer.

2 comments:

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

Wow! You guys are quite the assassins! I've only ever hit one tiny little bird and felt horrible for it. But if a snake were in my path---sad to say, I wouldn't hesistate and wouldn't swerve either. I definate mean streak, I know.

Hey, are you guys headed to our 10 year reunion? Of course Ben and I can't make it, but it sounds like fun. That totally makes me feel OLD. I can't believe it. Time totally flies.

Anonymous said...

Wow you've got quite the record! We've never hit and killed animals. We must be better drivers...