So our computer crashed last night.
She's been a good, faithful girl for 4 years, but her hard drive has given up the ghost. She's down at Circuit City right now, in hopes that they can recover some of the files before installing a new hard drive. These things happen and we know that computers have a relatively short life span, but the timing of this really stinks. Clint has a major project due this week and has been killing himself trying to get all the Solidworks drafting and drawing done. He has all his hours of hard work saved on..... the hard drive. I am desperately hoping that, if nothing else, those drafts can be recovered.
I am also struck by a strange coincidence with the timing. Two days before our trip to Florida in May, we had to have our transmission rebuilt. Now, three days before our trip to Arizona (my sister's wedding), our computer crashes. I am nervous about traveling to Idaho in September for my brother's wedding. Who knows? Maybe our house will burn down.
In the meantime, we are using my laptop, but we don't have the software for our camera installed on it, so no pictures for the time being.
Yippee.
2 comments:
Yikes, I hope they can retrieve Clint's project. Did he back it up on email or anything?
And I hope your house doesn't burn down before you go to ID, b/c that could be bad news for us as well ;)
I was going to say the same thing that Stacy Did... I hope your house doesn't burn because we would be stuck too! ;-)
Hope they can retreive all of your things!! It's amazing what technology can do now a days!! Keep our fingers crossed!
Post a Comment