Two Gents and a Little Lady

Friday, June 27, 2008

Oh, the cuteness of it....

What might you think is happening in these pictures?


This is Tayson's new hobby: playing Primary. The book is the podium, and the toys lined up are the primary children sitting so reverently. I've caught him playing this several times this week, and was finally able to catch a video of it. The red car is giving a talk, then he sits down and the 'little piggy' hand puppet gets up to give a prayer. You can't really hear him because I'm actually some distance away with the camera zoomed in (the only way I could get away with capturing this on video). He usually has them singing a song, too, but not on this video. As usual, Brennen is off to the side being irreverant and oblivious to the solemness of the meeting going on nearby.




I'm fairly confident in guessing that this new form of pretend play was prompted by Tayson giving a talk in Primary last Sunday. He's only been in Primary for 6 months, but he's already given two talks. That would be because he is the only Sunbeam in our ward (sad, I know). So, every time it is the Sunbeams' turn to give a talk, the task falls on Tayson's shoulders. Luckily, he thinks it's pretty fun (with Mom whispering in his ear, of course). He practically eats the microphone each time, so of course you can't understand a word he says, but at least he has a big smile on his face throughout the whole talk. I wish I could capture it on video, but I'm fairly sure that would be inappropriate.

4 comments:

Annie Oldham said...

That is soooo cute! I've never seen a kid play primary before. Love it!

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

That's awesome he loves Primary enough to pretend it! What a cutie! Shay still hasn't gotten used to being dropped off. That's his least favorite part of his whole week. The rest of primary is great. You guys should come join our ward if you want some sunbeams around--we have 21 in our ward (three classes).

Anonymous said...

What a naughty child Brennan is! That is so cute! Grace will be the only Sunbeam in her class next year, too. I feel so sorry for her! I wonder how it's going to work. She'll be a very young Sunbeam since her birthday is in November. Should be interesting.

Stacy said...

that is so adorable! and Tayson is always so reverent and good during primary.