Two Gents and a Little Lady

Saturday, May 31, 2008

The week since...

After arriving home on Friday evening, we relaxed and went to bed early. Saturday morning, Clint and I rolled out of bed, feeling black and blue, and 90 years old. A week with so much walking, playing, being jostled around on crazy roller coasters, and traveling long distances with kids had taken its toll on us (hence, the week of recovery I mentioned earlier). Nevertheless, we had much to do, so we got busy. After unpacking and cleaning up a little bit, we headed over to a local nursery to get some vegetable plants to get our garden started. We were unable to plant our 'salsa' garden last year because of a nasty pesticide they sprayed in our neighborhood, and we missed it. We got the all-clear this year, so we got busy and are so excited for all the homemade salsa coming our way!

Clint did the digging in the dirt:

Tayson did the watering:



And I had the hardest job of all with the picture-taking. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.
Onions (I'm an onion lover):
Tomatoes, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, and salsa chile peppers:

Brennen, unfortunately, decided to come down with his first cold (I can't imagine where he got a virus with all those clean amusement parks, airports, and planes!) I stayed home from church with him on Sunday. On Tuesday, Tayson had his preschool 'graduation', which was so cute.



He also got a long-overdue haircut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The graduation video is hilarious. So is he on to kindergarten next year? Wow! That was quick!