Two Gents and a Little Lady

Saturday, May 31, 2008

The week of... (part I)

The flight to Orlando (with a brief layover in Dallas) was uneventful. It helped to have Wes and Sharlyn across the aisle to take turns holding Brennen.


I could tell that Brennen's ears hurt him a little during the landings, but other than that, he did great. Tayson had a huge grin on his face from the time the plane first started moving. He was still grinning and plastered the window as the plane started picking up speed, and still grinning as the plane started to lift off the ground. When the pilot tilted the plane in a turn, however, things changed. Tayson looked out the window, saw the ground way below, and felt certain that we was about to fall out the tiny window to his death. He leaned as far away from the window as his seatbelt would allow him, clasped my upper arm in a death grip, and buried his head in my side. He eventually fell asleep that way on the second leg of the flight. I thought it was hilarious.





We were in the last group to arrive at the resort, so we all explored our various condos, and settled in to catch-up, visit, and eat some yummy pizza before falling into our beds in an exhausted stupor.
The next day (Saturday), we all woke up early and headed over to Seaworld. For Christmas, my parents purchased tickets to this park for all of their children and grandchildren. Thus, this was the only park that we all went to together. It was a beautiful day, and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely. I even went for a ride of the Kraken, which is reputed to be the scariest rollercoaster in all of Florida. It was pretty thrilling, and after that first huge drop, I even opened my eyes and discovered that it is actually true: rollercoasters are more fun with your eyes open!!! After Seaworld, my parents took us all out to dinner at Cracker Barrel, yum yum!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You actually opened your eyes on a roller coaster?! I don't believe it!