Two Gents and a Little Lady

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bling bling

My little sister, Robin, got engaged on Friday night. Yeah for Robin - or, Bob, as I call her. I live in Utah, and she lives in Arizona, so I've never met her fiance, and I haven't seen the ring, but I am very happy for her. Go Bob!

My little brother, Wes, is also contemplating marriage in the near future. I suggested that when he proposes, he should get down on one knee, hold out my giant ring-shaped paperweight (seen below), ask her to marry him, then pause and say, "I went to Jared!" My mom seems to think the idea is funny, but I don't think Wes will take my suggestion.




If you don't know what I'm talking about, Jared is the name of a jewelry store. I'm not sure if it is a national chain, or a local one, but all of their commercials are peppered with the statement, "He went to Jared."

5 comments:

Christi Pobst said...

Her ring is Gorgeous. You should make her send you a pic! I think those commercials are funny and I vote Wes does it! So FUNNY!

Annie Oldham said...

They have the commercials down here, so it's definitely not a local thing. I think the idea is great.

Kerilee Law said...

I think the commercials must be local because I don't hear them out here. I do vaguely remember them from Utah, though. Funny.

Alicia said...

That paperweight is awesome. I've met Robin's fiance, so I can approve on your behalf :). We got to hang out with your parents and Robin and Spencer down in AZ a couple of weeks ago. He seems like a great guy.

Anonymous said...

Nice ring! Where in the world did you get it? I haven't seen Robin's actual ring, yet, bet word on the street is it's pretty fancy.