Two Gents and a Little Lady

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Birthday BBQ

My parents did their annual spring migration from Peoria, Arizona, to Bear Lake, Idaho this weekend, and we took advantage of having them pass through Utah to throw Tayson a birthday party/ barbecue on Saturday. The weather was beautiful, with the temperature in the low 60's, and we had a lot of fun. Clint, the grill master, cooked up some tasty marinated turkey cutlets, some scrumptious hamburgers, and some yummy polish sausages. All served with some cowboy beans, sausage dip, fruit platter, and chips and soda. And of course, we had a birthday cake with ice cream. We had a great time, and I appreciate everybody coming.
I made Tayson a choo-choo cake that I was quite proud of. I joked all afternoon that everybody should just call me Betty (Crocker), but really, it was rather simple, and there wasn't even any baking involved; I cheated and used some pre-made miniature pound cakes. Note: there are 12 candles on the cake, but Tayson is only 4. The candles were used as bars on the animal cage (note the animal crackers inside). It still turned out rather cute:


My little brother, Wes, and his girlfriend, Sharlyn:


Our neighbors, Steve and Stacy Minch:


My mom, Aunt Karen, cousin Lisa, Uncle Ryan (my mom's brother), cousin Kathy, and Brennen:


Cousin Kathy with Brennen (my mom in the background):


Our friends, Amber and Jared Smithson:


Tayson's friends, Trent and Braxton Smithson:


Little Tenley Smithson:

2 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

Forward me the directions for the choo-choo train - way cute!

Anonymous said...

That cake is really cool! And how fun that you live so close to Ryan & Karen.