That was when I noticed two other moms walking across the parking lot in her direction. "Oh, no you don't!" I said to myself, as I got out of my car to claim what was rightfully mine. What ensued was an embarrassing display of three grown women racing each other across a parking lot, while trying not to appear as if they were racing at all. This was a difficult feat, as one of the moms was actually dragging her children behind her. With some determination and the advantage of a closer parking spot, I was the winner of the race and was able to claim the prize.
As I shopped, I felt a mixture of triumph and self-recrimination that I had stooped so low. But the triumph won out because I had a shopping trip with both of my children, during which I did not have to chase Tayson up and down the aisles, replace things that he had pulled off the shelf, or tell him to stop whining because he couldn't get out of the cart. It was glorious!
I'm seriously thinking of submitting this story to the producers of Desparate Housewives as a possible episode script.
3 comments:
I laughed out loud picturing this in my head.
I'm surprised you didn't gloat when you saw the women in the store! Way to go, Ruth. Losing is not an option :)
That is such a great story! I HATE those carts. They are so huge and next to impossible to maneuver. But Grace loves them so we use them all the time.
Post a Comment