Tayson has reached a very bossy age. When one of his requests (I say requests, but really they are demands) is either refused or ignored, he stomps his feet and repeats his request in an indignant voice, with either, "I just told you......!" or "I said......!" To which I usually reply, "I just told you.....NO!"
On a recent Friday night, Tayson was watching Toy Story 2. It came to the moment where Woody was sitting on a shelf, broken. Before Woody found Squeaky the penguin, Clint wanted to open some dialogue about the movie, so he asked Tayson "Who's he going to find?" Not thinking that Tayson had heard him, Clint repeated the question. Tayson replied, "I don't know, Dad." Clint responded with, "Don't you remember, he finds Squeaky the penguin?" Tayson said, "Yeah, Dad. Just watch." In other words, shut up and let me watch my movie.
Tonight, we purchase a little bike trailer/stroller from Costco. Clint was going to load the box in his truck and take Tayson home with him, while I kept Brennen with me and bought a pizza to take home for dinner. Because both my and Clint's bikes were already in the back of the truck, Clint was going to try to fit the box in the cab of the truck, while still making room for Tayson. As Tayson became aware of what Clint was trying to do, he said, "Dad, just put it in the back, that's my seat!"
Doesn't he know that we are in charge here?
1 comment:
I don't like the bossy stage. Savannah is always trying to put me in time out.
Post a Comment