Two Gents and a Little Lady

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ode to a Tayson

Four years ago today, I became a mother. After twelve hours of labor (with pitocin), 10 hours of which went unmedicated, I consulted with my doctor, and together we decided to do a c-section. The operation itself was a nightmare, and the recovery painful. But I had the opportunity to bring into this world a beautiful little person - my baby, Tayson.
What an incredible, life-changing experience! Never have I taken on such a fulfilling, or such a challenging role. I have had many of moment of self-doubt, frustration, confusion, fear, disappointment, and heartache. I have had many more moments of gratititude, awe, tenderness, joy, peace, excitement, satisfaction, and fun. The love I feel for my little Tays is indescribable.

When Tayson was eating breakfast today, and I reminded him that it was his birthday and he was now four years old, he started crying, insisting that no, he was three. He's having a difficult time letting go of the three.
In preschool today, Tayson got to be king for a day. Here he is in his crown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Tayson! What a great little "ode"!