Two Gents and a Little Lady

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The 5-year Itch

Hahaha, just kidding! Yesterday was our 5th wedding anniversary. Yeah!!! It's been a great five years, and it was a great day. We splurged on a babysitter, and enjoyed a scrumptious dinner at Red Lobster, where we filled our bellies with shrimp, lobster, and crab. Oh, yummy! Considering the fact that I'm still breastfeeding Brennen, we opted for a quiet evening at home after dinner. I'm actually glad for that decision. The babysitter we used (one of the YW in our ward), is one that has babysat for us on several occasions, but only with Tayson. And she apparently wasn't as comfortable around babies as I thought she would be. When we arrived home, Brennen was crying and the babysitter said he had been upset ever since he awoke from his nap and she couldn't get him to calm down. I was concerned because Brennen is typically a very content and mild-mannered baby. Trying to figure out what was wrong, I asked her if he had drank all of his bottle (which I had instructed her to feed him after his nap). The question was met with a moment of silence, then the reply, "Oh, I haven't fed him the bottle yet." Egad!
I tried to control my facial expression, but my poor little baby was starving! Okay, starving might be a little too strong of a word, but he was really hungry. I hurried to take the babysitter home (1 block away), then rushed back to feed my Brennen, who consumed his dinner with renewed vigor. I think that next time I hire a babysitter, I will have all my instructions written down. We spent the rest of our evening watching the final part of Comanche Moon, which is a prequel to Lonesome Dove.
Below is a little slideshow of some of our wedding pictures. Man, we were skinny 5 years ago!

2 comments:

Annie Oldham said...

Congratulations on 5 years, guys! That's wonderful. We celebrate our 5 years in August. Isn't such a great feeling to celebrate it? And I loved the wedding pictures--we got married in Logan, too, and it was so great to see the temple in your pics.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Babysitters can be such a pain! We had two GREAT babysitters in Yuma. I always knew that everything would be done just as I asked. I'd always come home to a clean house and Grace always had a great time. We haven't had the same luck in our current ward.