Two Gents and a Little Lady

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A blogger's blog

There are so many reasons why I enjoy blogging.
  1. It allows Tayson's and Brennen's grandparents to stay caught up with their progress and development. None of them live super close, so this blog allows them to stay up-to-date.
  2. It gives me an opportunity to brag about my children (they really are wonderful.) :)
  3. It helps me to keep record of my and my family's activities and milestones. I am not a scrapbooker. I hate, loathe, despise, and abonimate doing anything crafty. So, I consider this blog my scrapbook of sorts.
  4. It gives me an extra reason to take pictures. Before I became a blogger, I would consistently forget to take pictures of events in my family's life because once taken, I would do nothing with them. Okay, I would occasionally e-mail them, but not very often. Now, I'm constantly thinking, "Oh, that would make a cute post. I need to snap a picture."
  5. Though many of my posts may be uninteresting to any of my blog visitors, it provides me with an outlet to post some of my thoughts and feelings on a certain subject.... such as why I love blogging. :)
  6. Because blogging is taking the world by storm, and many of my friends and family are being swept up in it, it allows us another way of staying in contact with eachother. Some blogs that I visit are updated 2-3 times a week, and for those friends and family members, I feel like such a part of their world that it is easy to forget that they live far away.
  7. I am able to post videos that I am unable to e-mail because the file size is too large.

It could become very easy to get too addicted and/or obsessed with blogging, but I personally think that with a little self-control and moderation, it can be a fun and wonderful thing. Oh yeah, and I love that it is free and easy. Thank you blogspot!

4 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

I love blogging for all the same reasons. We get to peek into the day-to-day workings of our family and friends. You're better at updating yours than I am.

Annie Oldham said...

Aren't blogs great? I do it for a lot of the same reasons--I started off just so the far-away relatives could have a peek at Lilly and what we were up to. Now I keep it up as much for myself as for them.

Anonymous said...

I second everything! You should do a blogspot commercial:)

Alicia said...

Thanks for this post! I have been a reluctant blogger in the past, and although I post much more frequently now, I still get wary of getting sucked in too much. But I think all your reasons and honest and legitimate.