Brennen woke up a little bit before everybody else did (Clint's sister, Sheena, and her husband and daughter were sleeping in our living room). So, Clint and I spent some fun time playing with our cute, happy baby on our bed, enjoying some quiet leisure time.
Then the phone rang.
Our bishop called to see why Clint wasn't at his morning PEC meeting. As a confused Clint was looking at the clock, the bishop kindly suggested that we might have forgotten to set our clocks forward for daylight savings time. Son of a monkey's uncle!! End of quiet leisure time. Clint rushed around, trying to get ready so he could make the last half of PEC, then go to ward council. I rushed around, calling my secretary to remind her of daylight savings time so she could go to ward council for me, trying to get breakfast eaten and fed to everyone else, Tayson up, bathed, and dressed, Brennen breastfed, bathed, and dressed, and myself bathed, dressed, and made up. All while juggling the time in one bathroom between Sheena's family and mine. I usually bemoan the spring daylight savings time change because I lose an hour's sleep. Well, this time I lost an hour of my day, and I think I would rather lose an hour of sleep.
Knowing how much Brennen usually spits up on a daily basis (I am constantly amazed that he is so chubby with how much gets puked up), I dressed him in his blessing suit (which was tighter than it should have been on a 2-month-old) just before leaving for church, then put a huge honkin' bib on to protect the suit. We arrived at the church just before the meeting started, and I was very grateful that Clint had saved a few benches for all the family and friends. During the brief 10 minutes between the start of the meeting and Brennen's blessing, his bib and his burp rag became entirely soaked with spitup, but his suit was, thankfully, still clean. Less than a minute after returning to my arms after the blessing, however, he spit up all down the front of his suit. And my shirt. Sigh.
The blessing was beautiful and Clint did a terrific job as the Lord's mouthpiece. Clint's brother peeked at Brennen during the blessing and later told us that Brennen was laying there with his arms and legs spread wide, and a huge grin on his face as if the angels were tickling him. Cute, huh?

Shortly after the blessing Clint's family had to return home, as they all had to travel between one and 3 hours. My little brother, Wes, (the only family of mine that was close enough to travel to the blessing) and his girlfriend, Sharlyn, came over later that evening to share a yummy ham dinner and to play with our boys.


2 comments:
Brennen, we will always share a special day now that you were blessed on my birthday! Wish I could have been there!
Sounds like a great day! Grace was a chubby puker, too. Not sure how that works. I didn't even recognize Wes!
Post a Comment