My children change so rapidly, both physically and developmentally, that it's hard to keep up with them. I thought that I would describe a little of what each one is into right now.
Tayson will be 4 next month and it seems crazy to me that I have a kid that old. He always has been, is, and I'm afraid he always will be tall, skinny, and buttless. It is almost impossible to keep him in jeans that are long enough and will still stay up around his waist. (Those in my family are probably having flashbacks of little Wes).
Tayson's very favorite things in life are sports (just about any one will do), cars (and by cars, I mean cars, trucks, planes, trains, boats, transformers, etc), preschool, computer games, his cousin, Susana, and his baby brother. His dad and mom are on the list, but a little lower down. He enjoys going to church, even though he is the only sunbeam in our ward. Sad, I know.
Every adult that spends time with Tayson, whether it be his preschool teachers, his primary teachers, his old nursery teachers, his babysitters, or substitutes in the above categories, are constantly raving to me about how well-behaved, obedient, lovable, and sweet he is. This is a mystery to me, because I have been convinced for some time that he spends his hours sleeping at night dreaming up all the possible ways he can drive me nuts. All of which he puts into action within minutes of waking up. I've decided that whoever coined the phrase 'terrible twos' only coined it because they hadn't made it to the threes just yet.
My very favorite things about Tayson are: when he gives me big hugs and tells me he loves me, his laughter when we play tickle torture, when he snuggles under a blanket with me on the couch almost every morning after waking up, that he almost always puts his own dishes in the sink after eating, listening to his prayers, his excitement upon seeing me after we've been separated, and listening to him talk to his baby brother. He's not perfect, but he might as well be for how much I love him!
Brennen is 3 months old today, and is at such a fun stage in his life. He must be a perfectionist because he is a good eater, a good sleeper, a good pooper, a good smiler, and a good crier. He eats on a fairly regular 3 hour schedule, and he eats like he will never have another meal. He sleeps 8-9 hours at night most of the time. I won't go into detail on his pooping habits. He smiles almost every time somebody makes eye contact with him, or when he hears his parents' voices talking to him. He also has started laughing when we tickle him. And, as terrible as this sounds, his cries are among my favorite things. He doesn't cry a lot, but his cries are so cute that they usually make me smile. I love his tired cry because it sounds so pitiful. And sometimes when he cries, his lower lip curls down in such a cute way, that it makes both Clint and I laugh.
Well, that's the kids today. Maybe I'll update you next month, after they have both changes completely again!
2 comments:
Brennen eats so much so he can keep that awesome chub plumped up. And I'm with you on the crying. Lilly doesn't do it very often, but when that lower lip curls out and starts to quiver, it melts my heart.
It's so true that kids change so fast. What a good idea to post a "My kids today" post.
Post a Comment