Today was our stake conference, and it was wonderful. It was made even more wonderful by the good behavior of both of our boys. The main focus was on the family. The key points were that we need to pay more attention to our children, not just check on them occasionally to make sure they are safe and being good. Also, that we need to speak with the voice of angels to both spouse and children. We were also encouraged to follow the sunday school Book of Mormon study plan and the RS/ Priesthool manual (Joseph Smith), whether we are able to attend those classes or not. That was a good lesson for me. Since I attend young women's every Sunday, I tend to focus more on that manual and let myself become disconnected from what is going on in relief society. I have a renewed determination to do my own personal study of the Joseph Smith manual.
I am excited for our ward conference in two weeks, and especially excited for general conference a few weeks later!
2 comments:
Those are some good reminders for all of us. Savannah is such a TV addict and I'm such a computer addict that it's easy to sit in our separate rooms with just "checking-in". I've been feeling the premonition lately that I need to spend more time with her - I just need to do it!
I've been the same way about reading the RS manuals in the past. I have the same goal this year to keep up with the reading in that, and I've been able to so far, and I'm loving it. I don't know why I never kept up in the past.
Post a Comment