To my family and friends in Arizona who have been posting pictures of your January t-shirt hikes (Annie and Stacy, I'm talking specifically to you!), please see this post and manage to eek out a shred of sympathy for us poor Utahns. And don't think that I'm too much of a dork for going mall-walking. Ya do what ya have to do.
Two Gents and a Little Lady
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Pathetic, I know
In a previous post, I mentioned that I have adopted Tae Bo as my exercise program of choice these days. Well, I wanted to add some aerobic exercise to that, but my favorite form of aerobic exercise is walking, and this is not the season to be pushing around a newborn baby in the stroller down the street. This picture was taken out of our back door on Sunday morning. There is a little more than a foot on the ground. So, I have joined the unofficial Mall Walkers of America Society. Okay, so there is not really a society. But, there are legions of people who get up to walk around the corridors of the mall between 7 am and 10 am, when the stores actually open. I feel pathetic driving to the mall to go walking (okay, and a little window shopping as well), but I'm joined by about 200 senior citizens and young stroller-pushing mothers in my area, so I guess I'm in good company.
To my family and friends in Arizona who have been posting pictures of your January t-shirt hikes (Annie and Stacy, I'm talking specifically to you!), please see this post and manage to eek out a shred of sympathy for us poor Utahns. And don't think that I'm too much of a dork for going mall-walking. Ya do what ya have to do.
To my family and friends in Arizona who have been posting pictures of your January t-shirt hikes (Annie and Stacy, I'm talking specifically to you!), please see this post and manage to eek out a shred of sympathy for us poor Utahns. And don't think that I'm too much of a dork for going mall-walking. Ya do what ya have to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love mall walking! Grace and I do it every once in awhile. I should do it more. It's so much better than a "real" walk- the weather is controlled, it's much safer, you don't have to watch for cars, etc, etc. And don't worry, I will be whining in July & August.
I went mall walking when I was pregnant with Lilly since I couldn't stomach being pregnant and walking in 115 degree weather. I loved it, so no I don't think you're a big dork! And I think I'm way too acclimatized to Arizona weather. It's been about 50 here and I think it's chilly.
Post a Comment