Two Gents and a Little Lady

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A weekend apart

In the middle of August, Clint planned a weekend hunting trip with his brother and brothers-in-law in eastern Utah. I took the opportunity to take Tayson and Brennen away and to spend the weekend at....



The Lodge!



Well, that's what I call it anyway, but it is my parents' summer cabin at Bear Lake. It is so beautiful there, and so much fun. The weekend that I was there had the added bonus of having my sister, Kerilee, and her 3 kiddos visiting from Spokane. The weather was not exactly stellar, so there was no playing at the lake while I was there, but that's okay. There was lots of fun stuff to do around the cabin.
Tayson was instantly thrilled to be reunited with his cousin, Savannah, and within moments of arriving, was striving to make his father proud by prancing around with Savannah in pretty pink butterfly wings, and weilding a fancy magic fairy wand. Well, he gave us some future blackmail material, anyway.


He also spent some time chillin' with JT, doing manly things like watching 'Little Mermaid', and riding the four-wheelers with Uncle Wessy and Aunt Sharlyn.


Brennen spent quite a bit of time wandering around aimlessly...


... and pushing around a pretty pink little stroller (once again, Clint's chest expanded with pride upon seeing the pictures)...


... and playing with toys. JT and Brennen spent the weekend fighting over toys. Whatever toy one had, the other wanted, no matter what it was. The stroller mentioned above was a frequent object of contention, as was the rocking horse featured below. When Brennen was riding it, JT was standing nearby, whining. When JT was riding it, Brennen had his arms wrapped tightly around JT, trying to bodily remove him from it. It was cute at first, but by the second day, I was trying to hide the toys that were the biggest problems.




Me? I spent the weekend enjoying the view...


... and relaxing (this is a picture of my brother-in-law, Spud, but you get the idea)...


... and refereeing fighting children, playing games, and helping my dad with construction projects. My parents are currently living in the finished basement of the cabin as they are trying to finish the upper two levels. I spent a few hours on Saturday varnishing all the door frames in the upper levels. I really enjoyed the work, actually.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow it's so pretty there. Looks like a lot of fun

Anonymous said...

I hope to make a visit to the lodge someday.