Two Gents and a Little Lady

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Trafalga!

Earlier this summer, I received this coupon from a friend of mine. It's for a local family fun center, called Trafalga. It's rather difficult to read, but it basically says that for $10/person, you can get free pizza and drinks, 20 tokens for the arcade, 1 regular Dippin' Dots per person, and then our choice of 3 activities. One Saturday, we took advantage of this opportunity, and took the family for a day of fun. For our 3 activities, we chose outdoor miniature golf, XD theater ride, and go-karts. It turned out to be a great deal, because we added up the cost of each item individually, and what we enjoyed would have cost us over $90 without the coupon, and we only spent $30! :) It was a wonderful day because the weather was absolutely beautiful, and it didn't start to get crowded until right before we were ready to leave.
The only hitch in the day was when Tayson, who has not had an 'accident' in 2 years, peed his pants about 10 minutes after we arrived. Luckily, we lived only about 2 miles away, so I left my little family on the 3rd hole of the golf course and raced home to get a spare pair of pants and undies.
The go-karts course was small, but we actually had the whole course to ourselves. Clint drove Tayson around, while I drove Brennen at a slower pace. I was nervous that Brennen would be scared, but quite the opposite happened. He fell asleep. :) This picture was taken of the group racing the course before us.


Pizza doesn't really fit in with our current diet, but for such a great deal, we decided it was okay to splurge calorie-wise.

Tayson enjoyed playing golf, and he did pretty well at it too. Brennen just explored the course with us, picking up little stones on the side of the greens, and dropping them into the holes.






1 comment:

Carlie said...

Matt and I did one of their date night deals for $10 a person. The go-carts are very fun. We each got a free, huge dippin dots icecream as part of the deal, and we ended up throwing most of them away...they're kind of gross. I really hope ice cream of the future doesn't really taste like that :)