Two Gents and a Little Lady

Saturday, January 24, 2009

What I've been doing...

I am very behind on my blog posting. It is not that I haven't been posting, but I've been posting mainly about my shopping savings, my menu planning, and other bizarre posts. It's sad, but I've only posted once or twice about my children in the last month! I still haven't even posted about Christmas!!! Don't worry, my children are still here, they are still healthy, and I still adore them.
There are two reasons why I have not been posting about them much. One is because of the new year. Among my New Year's Resolutions are several organizational goals (re-organize my kitchen, my food storage, my storage shed, my schedule, etc). I have embraced these goals and have been working vigorously on them for several weeks. Other items on my to-do list have been reclassed as low-priority. Shoot, I just barely took down and put away all my Christmas decorations on Wednesday (with much condensing, trash-tossing, and donating involved, in keeping with my new goals)!!! I still have much to do and far to go before I reach some of these goals (seriously, are organizational goals ever really finished?), but realized I need to slow down a little, and not get behind on other projects.
Which brings me to the 2nd reason for not posting about family happenings lately: I am so far behind, that the prospect of catching up is daunting. I have loads of pictures, videos, and stories to post about, and I know that it will take much time to get completely caught up. Being somewhat of a procrastinator by nature, my mantra has been, "Oh yeah, I need to do that. I really need to do that. I will do that! Tomorrow...."
So, I have set a new goal for myself, and that is to take 20 minutes a day for the next week and attempt to get somewhat caught up on my family posting. I will still be working on organizational projects and money-saving shopping trips, but I will be spending 20 minutes less a do doing these things. :) Stay tuned....

3 comments:

Christi Pobst said...

HELLO!! So i'm getting into the coupon scene and I know about the thing you do and I tried to look it up and see how it works but i'm having major difficulties. would you mind e-mailing me with some tips on how you got started?

ladyplz@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am so impressed! After you finish organizing your house you can come do mine. And then I want to go visit you.

Annie Oldham said...

Good luck on it! It's always so hard to get caught up on something when you're behind. I'm glad to see some pics of the kids this week, though. Those boys are so cute I've missed seeing them!