Oh yeah, baby.... another braggin' session coming your way. Aren't you excited? Well, I am! I went grocery shopping this morning, armed with my
grocerysmarts shopping list and a whole wad of coupons. I purchased
$238.70 worth of food, for only
$83.39!!! I saved a total of
$155.31, which equaled a savings of
65%! It's a good day's work, I'd say. My shopping purchases included (but were definitely NOT limited to): 17 boxes of cereal, 7 boxes of cake mix, 5 boxes of bisquick, 7 boxes of Progresso broth, 10 cans of Pillsbury Grands biscuits, and 3 gallons of milk. I love seeing my food storage increase dramatically, while my grocery budget stays the same or shrinks. There is only one little part about my shopping experience this morning that depresses me... I had an additional $4 of coupons that fell in the cart and were not used on the items that I purchased. If I had used those, I would only have spent $79.39, and saved $159.31 (66.7%) $4 may not seem like much, but it adds up.
Here's the extra dorky part.... I was so excited that I took some pictures of all the food that I bought, to put it in perspective:


Okay, bragging session over. Now I just need to find room for all this food....
One of the few items that I needed to purchase that was neither on sale, nor had a coupon, was a box of bandaids... that post will be coming soon (to a theater near you).
1 comment:
That is so Amazing!! all of our Food Storage is under our Bed in the Under bed totes you can buy! (also a lot loose) We have it everywhere! Good luck finding a place! ;-)
Post a Comment