Two Gents and a Little Lady
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Ooops.
Brennen woke up at 6:30 this morning. Okay, that's not too bad, I understand that. But I wasn't ready to get up at 6:30, and neither was Clint. So, I went and got Brennen out of his bed, and laid him down between Clint and I in our bed. This we have done before. Usually, Clint and I will slowly wake up as Brennen pulls our hair, or plucks at our lips, or tries to climb on top of us. Well, this morning, Brenn must have decided he wasn't quite ready to get up either, because as soon as I put him in our bed, he went right back to sleep. Never one to miss an opportunity, I promptly rolled over and wet back to sleep myself. Brennen and I were so deeply asleep that neither of us roused when Clint's alarm woke him up... or when he fixed himself breakfast... or when he got dressed... or when he started his motorcycle (right outside my open window) and left for work. And I was so deeply asleep that I didn't wake up when Brennen got up an hour later and started crawling all over the bed. I did, however, awaken immediately when I heard the loud thump! and the subsequent wail. Sure enough, Brennen had crawled to the foot of the bed, then kept going. Luckily, he was more scared than hurt, and only cried for a few seconds. Ooops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
And it won't be the first time he falls off of something.
Ha! I am laughing out loud!
I always feel guilty when my kids fall off beds for the first time..but I'll be the extra sleep was SO worth it!!
Post a Comment