Two Gents and a Little Lady

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Throwing in the towel

I like to think that I'm not a quitter. However, I am throwing in the towel. As I have been reading the unabridged Les Miserables, it all came rushing back to me why I didn't finish the book when I was 15. It's not because it is hard to read (it is hard to read, but I've read other books just as difficult). It's because it is so incredibly boring!!! I already know the story, so there is no edge-of-my-seat suspense to keep me going. I just can't handle 1200 pages of it, so I'm moving on. Ugh!

2 comments:

Annie Oldham said...

Don't feel bad about it--I've never been able to make it all the way through, either. It just bores me to tears.

The Newhouses said...

My sister is a "master librarian" yeah there is such a thing, and she always tells me not to feel bad, reading should be fun. You don't have to do it if you don't like it. So there you have it, from a professional.