Two Gents and a Little Lady

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Since when do skunks like yogurt?

Clint just called and related a funny story to me. There were parts that were sad, but for the most part the imagery had me rolling with laughter. This is as he related it to me....
This morning at work, Clint was visiting with some other guys in the shop when a little creature comes wandering in through one of the open bay doors. What was a little odd was that this creature had an empty yogurt cup stuck on its face, blocking its vision. The confused men watched as this temporarily blind animal wandered drunkenly around in circles, until Clint noticed the telltale white stripe down its back. "It's a skunk!!!"
This prompted the chaos of a mass evacuation for all but a few of the men. One man, named Dean (a jerk that I've never cared for) decided to make an attempt at heroism by swatting at the terrified critter with a broom. Have you ever heard that heroism is stupid? Yup, poor Dean got thoroughly skunk-sprayed. Hooray for just desserts. That is where the funny part ends, as angry Dean took a metal rod and beat the scared little guy to death. I don't harbor any love for skunks, but I don't condone the useless abuse of any animal. My only small consolation is that for his efforts, Dean got sprayed one last time before the skunk gave up the ghost. It serves him right to have to carry around that horrid stench with him all day. Unfortunately for Clint, those around him also have to enjoy the fresh aroma.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Poor little thing! That makes me feel sick to my stomach. sad :(

We'll have to do another fun 4plex outing, and next time you guys have to be available ;)

Kerilee Law said...

What a jerk!!

Anonymous said...

That's lame!

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

Oops! And I just said I wouln't brake for a snake...yup, I know just desserts are coming to me if I don't repent. (I'll repent tomorrow:) Though, I think a skunk is a 100 times more welcome vistor than a skunk! Poor little guy.

Kristen said...

I just noticed for the first time on my yogurt container the note: "crush to protect animals" or something like that. Then I read your blog. Aha!