With the weather being so nice lately (highs in the 60's and 70's), we have been in the habit of packing a picnic lunch, loading the bike trailer, and riding to one of the parks to eat lunch and play. Tayson, of course, loves to interact with the other children, Brennen enjoys laying on a blanket under a tree and playing with his toys, and I love to sit on the blanket and take the rare opportunity to read a book for a short while. Additional bonuses are the exercise I get (I usually pull the trailer around the walking path a couple times before going home), the exercise Tayson gets at the park (makes for a nice long nap upon returning home), and introducing Brennen to new toys, such as the swing (which he loves):
As the weather starts to heat up some more, we'll have to adjust this new habit to including a mid-morning snack picnic, or maybe even a breakfast picnic. Either way, it is great to be outside.
2 comments:
we do live by some great parks! Steve and I even walked to the scera park last night (that one was a little far, though).
Our park days are long gone. It's supposed to be hovering around 110 all week. It doesn't get much better at night, either.
Post a Comment