This is what we woke up to the next morning:
Mother Nature can be so cruel. I should have known better. This happens every year. We get teased with some beautiful weather, then Winter comes back with a surprise punch. Shucks, we even got snowed on on our wedding day, which was at the end of April. So, I had to dig out some warmer clothes to wear to church that day.
It continued to sprinkle snow all day, then oddly turned to rain late that night. Unfortunately, the temperatures dipped below freezing that night, freezing the rain to the roads. So, the next day, the icy conditions were so bad, that they completely closed down University Parkway (a major 6-lane road connecting Orem and Provo.) In the ten years that I've lived in this valley, I've never seen them close that road.
The ice also damaged some power lines in the area, so we went without power from 8 am to 4 in the afternoon. What that meant to me was I had 8 hours during which I had a valid excuse not to do dishes, laundry, or vacuuming. At first, I enjoyed my reprieve, but the mess soon started driving me nuts. I was a little sad about the computer not working for 8 hours, but I was thrilled that the TV wouldn't work. It only strengthened the temptation I often feel to give it to DI.
So, all you Arizonans, just enjoy your pool parties and air conditioners.
2 comments:
Don't worry. We are;)
Yup. Sounds like Utah.
Post a Comment