Two Gents and a Little Lady

Sunday, April 6, 2008

I love Conference!

As a child, I would dread General Conference weekend because it meant that there would be 8 hours of listening to sleep-promoting voices. As I have grown up, though, I have come to sincerely love and look forward to General Conference. This was such a special session. It is remarkable how you can truly see the mantle of Prophet on President Monson. It is true that he has been a prophet, seer, and revelator for more than 40 years, but now he is the prophet, and I know him to be such.
Every talk was different, yet it is amazing to me that each held a message that seemed especially written for me. I am now motivated and inspired to do more and be better. I think, however, that my favorite talk was the one that Elder Ballard gave to young mothers. How I needed to hear those words. What wonderful appreciation, and what perfect counsel and guidance. I can't wait for it to be posted on www.lds.org, so that I may read it again and again.
Only 6 months until the next session....

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I agree. This was my favorite talk also. How can you help but love it, when you are one of the "young mothers" he was addressing. (30 still counts as young, right???)

Kerilee Law said...

Hear, hear!! One of my favorites also. However, I loved President Monson's bit about his wife leaving a note for the children to not let Daddy touch the microwave, the oven, the dryer, etc. Couldn't help but laugh.