Two Gents and a Little Lady

Monday, March 17, 2008

Sleep in Heavenly peace

I didn't want to put Brennen to sleep in Tayson's room until I was confident that he would sleep through the night. So, for the first couple of months, Brennen slept in a Moses basket that we would put in the living room at night, and in our bedroom for daytime naps. Since Brennen has been sleeping for 8 hours quite regularly, we decided to put him in his crib in Tayson's room one night last week.
It did not go quite as we had hoped. It might have if Tayson hadn't woken up in the middle of the night with a coughing fit. That woke Brennen up. After a little soothing, he went back to sleep, only to wake up 5 more times through the night in need of a little soothing. The last time he woke up was at 5:30 am, and he wouldn't go back to sleep.
I really didn't want to go back to shuffling a moses basket from room to room, so I continued to put Brennen in the crib for his naps the next day and decided to give the night one more try. He has slept every night in his crib since then without waking up at all, and he has even progressed to sleeping for 9 hours. Ahhhhhhhh. I love my sleep! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Few things are as wonderful as a sleeping baby!

Kerilee Law said...

The creators of BabyWise are genius!