Two Gents and a Little Lady

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Gender Olympics results

Well, we had our Gender Olympics activity tonight and it was a huge success. We decided to do 4 events for the girls and 4 events for the boys. I'll post pictures even though most of you don't have a clue who these people are.
For the girls, we had a 'shave the balloon face as cleanly as possible without popping the balloon' race.

The second girl event was a 'tie a necktie in a half-windsor knot' race:
The third girl event was a 'hammer X number of nails into a 2x4' race. It was quite funny to look at the 2x4 after every girl had finished. There were far more nails bent completely over than nailed in.
The fourth and final girl event was a 'putt as many golf balls in the hole as possible in 2 minutes' competition:

The boys had a 'clasp a necklace from behind' race:

The second boy event was to braid several strands of yarn and then tie it off with an elastic. I think they actually made this harder than it had to be:


The third guy event was an 'iron the most wrinkles out of a wrinkled dress shirt in 90 seconds' competiton:

The fourth and final (and in my opinion the best) guy event was the high heel race. I went to DI and found two pairs of high heels in huge sizes. I have a couple video clips that wouldn't fit on this post, so they are posted below. I hope you get a good laugh out of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea for an activity! It looks like a blast!