Two Gents and a Little Lady

Monday, January 28, 2008

Death of a Prophet

The passing of President Gordon B. Hinckley is sad for all of us who knew and loved him. For him, though, I am sure that he is happy to be reunited with his sweetheart. I am equally sure that he is working just as hard as a missionary in the spirit world as he did in this life. I know that President Hinckley was a true prophet of God, and an example to us all. He was a true Christian who did his very best to emulate Christ, and he truly had the image of Christ in his countenance. While I will personally miss having President Hinckley as the president of our church, I know that his death does not mean the end of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, any more than the death of Joseph Smith meant the end of the Church 164 years ago. This is the church of Jesus Christ, and his work will go on. I am so grateful that we all have a loving Heavenly Father, who loves us enough to provide us with a prophet to lead and guide us. I am excited for the April general conference to find out who our next prophet will be.


No comments: